- Baccalaureate degree in Nursing from an NLN or CCNE accredited
institution. RN’s with a non-nursing baccalaureate are eligible to enter via our Bridge program to the MSN.
- Graduate Record Exam (GRE). For test waiver information, please see below* or visit www.tcnj.edu/~graduate/application.html.
- License to practice as a registered nursing in the state of New Jersey (license to practice in the state of Pennsylvania may be required for some clinical sites)
- Preadmission interview may be requested
- Undergraduate health assessment course or approved equivalent
- Successful completion of an undergraduate statistics course (or approved equivalent) within 5 years prior to enrollment in NURS 506. This course may be taken concurrently with application to the program or in the summer prior to starting courses.
- Adherence to The College of New Jersey’s health requirements
- Adherence to the College’s health requirements
Additional Requirements for accepted students
- CPR certification
- Criminal Background Check
- Drug Test
- Additional health requirements specific to the nursing programs [add link to health requirements page]
- Liability Insurance for student nurse practitioner
*Standardized testing (GRE) is not required for applicants to the MSN programs who meet of the following criteria:
- A cumulative GPA of 3.2 or higher in their Baccalaureate degree program
- A B or better in the first two graduate nursing courses taken as a non-matriculated student. One of these courses must be NURS 504 Advanced Human Pathophysiology.