Sharon Byrne, DrNP, APN, NP-C, AOCNP, CNE
2000 Pennington Road, Loser Hall, Room 227
Ewing, New Jersey 08628
About Sharon Byrne
Sharon K. Byrne DrNP, APN, NP-C, AOCNP, CNE is an Assistant Professor, School of Nursing, Health and Exercise Science, The College of New Jersey.
Dr. Byrne teaches across the nursing curriculum with a major concentration in the masters’ nurse practitioner program. She is board certified as a Family Nurse Practitioner and Advanced Oncology Certified Nurse Practitioner has worked in primary care, occupational health, and medical and radiation oncology. Currently, Dr. Byrne maintains a clinical practice with MD Anderson Cancer Center at Cooper as an advanced practice nurse in the Camden County Cancer Screening Project. She also volunteers with Explorer Sans Frontieres, a non-profit organization that provides humanitarian efforts in education, health care, and community outreach in Port au Prince, Haiti.
Dr. Byrne serves as a peer reviewer for Nurse Educator, Oncology Nursing Forum, and the Journal of General Internal Medicine.
With a deep rooted interest in health disparities related to breast and cervical cancer screening, particularly in minority underserved women, Dr. Byrne has lectured as an invited speaker at the local, regional and national level. She is Coordinator Elect for the Oncology Nursing Society Special Interest Group Prevention and Detection.
PROFESSIONAL AND ACADEMIC ASSOCIATION MEMBERSHIPS –
- American Academy of Nurse Practitioners
- Sigma Theta Tau International and Delta Nu Chapter, President Elect.
- National Organization of Nurse Practitioner Faculties
- National League for Nursing
- Oncology Nursing Society
- Breast Cancer Special Interest Group, Oncology Nursing Society
- Cancer Prevention and Detection Special Interest Group, Oncology Nursing Society
- South Jersey Chapter, Oncology Nursing Society
- Explorers Sans Frontiers