- Baccalaureate degree in Nursing from an NLN or CCNE accredited
institution. RN’s with a non-nursing baccalaureate are eligible to enter via our Bridge program to the MSN.
- Graduate Record Exam (GRE) : For test waiver information, please see below* or visit www.tcnj.edu/~graduate/application.html.
- License to practice as a registered nursing in the state of New Jersey (license to practice in the state of Pennsylvania may be required for some clinical sites)
- Preadmission interview may be requested
- Undergraduate health assessment course or approved equivalent
- Successful completion of an undergraduate statistics course (or approved equivalent) within 5 years prior to enrollment in NURS 506. This course may be taken concurrently with application to the program or in the summer prior to starting courses.
Additional Requirements for accepted students
- CPR Certification
- Criminal Background Check
- Drug test
- Liability Insurance for a student nurse practitioner
- Adherence to the health requirements of the college and the school
*Standardized testing (GRE) is not required for applicants to the MSN programs who meet of the following criteria:
- A cumulative GPA of 3.2 or higher in their Baccalaureate degree program
- A B or better in the first two graduate nursing courses taken as a non-matriculated student. One of these courses must be NURS 504 Advanced Human Pathophysiology.