Welcome from the Dean

Dear Student:
Welcome to TCNJ nursing!  I am excited about your decision to embark on a journey into the world of nursing and the career possibilities that await you.  Please know that the faculty, staff and I are committed to providing you with high quality learning opportunities in a supportive environment, while also guiding you to learn to negotiate in the world.  I encourage you to get to know at least one faculty member well during your tenure at TCNJ.  I also hope that you will attend my monthly open hours or consider being a member of the Dean’s Student Advisory Council.  Get involved in the Student Nurses’ Association for leadership and community service opportunities.

The profession of nursing requires intelligent, informed and caring professionals committed to the highest ethical standards for health and health care.  Nurses are engaged at all levels of health care and are ready to assume greater leadership in a reformed health care system.  Your program of study will be rigorous in order to prepare you to practice nursing, pursue advanced degrees and lead wherever you are.  While you must be diligent in your work, also make sure that you take advantage of co-curricular and extra-curricular opportunities at TCNJ.  These activities will enhance your journey and allow you opportunities for fun and personal growth that are benefits of a college experience.

This website is an important resource for you.  Refer to it often and know what is expected of you.  Commit to your work and also to experiencing your journey.  If I can be of assistance, please feel free to contact me.

Sincerely,
Marcia Blicharz, EdD, RN, BC
Interim Dean
School of Nursing, Health and Exercise Science