2017 – Guidelines for ATI Implementation
ATI – Assessment Technology Institute is a comprehensive testing and review program designed to provide students with various learning tools that will assist them in learning course content, identifying strengths and weaknesses, reviewing content, improving test taking abilities and ultimately successfully passing the NCLEX for professional licensure. This program is required for sophomore, junior and senior nursing students and a fee is assessed.
- Students will be given access to the first non-proctored web version of the mastery exams and the review module books at the beginning of each course.
- Proctored content mastery exams will be administered during the last 2-3 weeks of the course.
- Students must achieve a Proficiency Level of 2 or 3 on all content mastery exams; if they do not achieve a Proficiency Level of 2 or 3 they must remediate on the second non-proctored version and achieve a score of 90% correct to successfully complete the course. If these criteria are not met the student will be awarded an incomplete grade. The incomplete grade must be removed prior to the beginning of the following semester or for seniors prior to the beginning of the following semester or for seniors prior to graduation.
- Students will take the proctored RN Comprehensive Predictor and achieve a prediction likelihood score of passing NCLEX of 96%. If not successful must remediate on a non-proctored version and achieve a score of 90% correct to successfully complete the course. If these criteria are not met the student will be awarded an incomplete grade. The incomplete grade must be removed prior to graduation. This is a requirement for 460.
- The Pharmacology books will be distributed in NUR 200 – Pharmacology; however, the proctored ATI Pharmacology test will be administered at the end of NUR 420.
Revised at Annual BSN Curriculum meeting 05/16/2017 Revised at Annual BSN Curriculum meeting 05/17/2016 Agreed to by faculty at BSN Curriculum meeting 04/20/2016 Agreed to by faculty 9/15/04
9/22/04 @ BSN meeting
ATI Implementation Summary
|11 Proctored Exams||9 Non-Proctored Exams (2 versions)|
|Self Assessment Inventory|
|Critical Thinking Entrance (Fall)|
|Critical Thinking Exit (Spring|
|Fundamentals (Spring)||* Fundamentals/Interventions|
|Children (Fall/Spring)||* Children|
|Maternal Newborn (Fall)||* Maternal Newborn|
|Medical Surgical (Fall)||* Medical Surgical|
|Mental Health (Fall/Spring)||* Mental Health|
|Pharmacology (order books Sp / Test Fall)||* Pharmacology|
|Community Health||* Community Health|
|Leadership/Management (Spring)||* Leadership/Management|
|RN Comprehensive Predictor (Spring)||RN Comprehensive Predictor|
|* Review Module Book|
PROCTORED TESTING WILL BE DONE IN THE FOLLOWING SEMESTERS AND COURSES:
|Critical Thinking: Entrance (NUR 220)||Pharmacology (NUR 200) order books|
|Maternal Newborn (NUR 320)||Assessment Inventory (NUR 240)|
|Mental Health (NUR 340)||Fundamentals (NUR 240)|
|Children (NUR 344)||Mental Health (NUR 340)|
|Medical Surgical (NUR 420)||Children (NUR 344)|
|Pharmacology (NUR 420)*||Community Health (NUR 440)|
|Leadership/Management (NUR 460)|
|RN Comprehensive Predictor (NUR 440/460)|
|Critical Thinking: Exit (NUR 460)|
*Note – The FALL Pharmacology proctored ATI will begin with the Class of 2020 (classes of 2018 & 2019 took proctored Pharmacology in Sophomore year) – books will still be ordered Spring of sophomore year – but proctored test will occur Fall semester of senior year.