- An Associates Degree or diploma in nursing from an NLN accredited institution
- A Baccalaureate degree in any field from an accredited institution
- License to practice as a registered nursing in the state of New Jersey (license to practice in the state of Pennsylvania may be required for some clinical sites)
- Graduate Record Exam (GRE)— For test waiver information, please see below* or visit www.tcnj.edu/~graduate/application.html.
- Completion of one undergraduate statistics course within 5 years prior to taking first graduate level nursing course (usually NURS 506). This may be taken concurrently with undergraduate bridge courses.
- Undergraduate health assessment course or approved equivalent
- Preadmission interview may be requested
- Adherence to the College’s health requirements
Additional Requirements for accepted students
- CPR certification
- Criminal Background Check
- Drug Test
- Additional health requirements specific to the nursing programs [add link to health requirements page]
- Liability Insurance for student nurse practitioner
*Standardized testing (GRE) is not required for applicants to the Bridge to the MSN program who meet either of the following criteria:
- A cumulative GPA of 3.2 or higher in their Baccalaureate degree program plus a cumulative GPA of 3.2 or higher in their basic nursing program.
- A grade of B or better on the first 3 TCNJ undergraduate courses taken as part of the undergraduate bridge program.
All applicants who do not meet the above requirements must take the GRE.