School of Nursing, Health, and Exercise Science students are expected to become knowledgeable of College resources, college-wide and program-specific academic policies and procedures, as outlined in the Undergraduate Bulletin and their Students are expected to develop realistic sound educational and career goals. With the help of their academic advisor, students implement strategies to achieve such goals. Students are to be active participants in the advisement process. Ultimately, responsibility for decisions made in consultation with the advisor, lie with the student.
- Familiarize yourself with College and program specific policies, as stated in the Student Handbook (http://www.tcnj.edu/~sa/handbook/) and Undergraduate Bulletin (http://www.tcnj.edu/~bulletin/).
- Actively monitor TCNJ email (official communication mode of The College) for academic related announcements.
- Have reasonable expectations regarding the availability of your advisor to meet with your or respond to your email.
- Arrive prepared for advising sessions.
- Be able to express your personal goals and interests.
- Do not expect to be told what to do.
- Be proactive and not reactive.
- Be honest when discussing progress and identifying strengths and weaknesses.
- Accept responsibility for decisions made during the advisement process.