Students are strongly advised to meet with their faculty advisor PRIOR to registering on PAWS. Students with a GPA below 2.5 will be blocked from registration until they have been cleared to do so by their faculty advisor. Registration schedules and directions are posted on the Records and Registration web site. Students who become registered for classes for which they are not approved (e.g. lack pre-requisites) may be removed from that course without notice by Nursing administration.
- All students enrolling on either a full-time or part-time basis are assigned to a Nursing faculty advisor.
- The advisement program is designed to assist students in solving their academic problems and in making intelligent, attainable educational plans. Students who make use of available advisement, and who take advantage of advisement opportunities, are more likely to successfully complete an academic program.
- Efforts are made to assign students to the same advisor throughout the program. However, due to faculty mobility and student enrollment this may not always be possible. Therefore, at the beginning of each semester, an updated Advisor-Advisee List is posted on the bulletin board on the lower level of Loser Hall and in the Main Office (LH, Room 206).
- Every student is expected to meet with his or her advisor prior to registration for courses. Schedule changes or other changes which affect the student’s program are also made through the advisor. The advisor is available to help the student by suggesting program alternatives and additional sources of information and/or providing guidance within the program.
- Advisement is a joint responsibility between the student and the faculty advisor. Please make appointments before registration if you have questions or concerns regarding your academic progress.